Parwal परवल Pointed gourd (per 500g)
- High Quality
- 100% Fresh & Hygienic
- Weight 500g
About the Product
- Trichosanthes dioica, also known as pointed gourd.
- The fruits are green with white or no stripes. Size can vary from small and round to thick and long — 2 to 6 inches (5 to 15 cm).
- in India, it is called parval or green potato
- It is widely cultivated in the eastern and some northern parts of India, particularly in North eastern Andhra, Odisha, Bengal, Assam, Bihar, and Uttar Pradesh.
- Pointed gourd is a good source of vitamins and minerals
- It is a good source of carbohydrates, vitamin A, and vitamin C.
- It also contains major nutrients and trace elements (magnesium, potassium, copper, sulfur, and chlorine) which are needed in small quantities, for playing essential roles in human physiology. 9.0 mg Mg, 2.6 mg Na, 83.0 mg K, 1.1 mg Cu and 17 mg S per 100 g edible part.